In the long year ago, 1870, in search of fertile land and fields for farming,
our ancestors set off from the Zatrijebac/Triesh Mount – Tribe to the plain (in
Albanian: zetë = hot) and hot through which the Cijevna/Cem (in Albanian: Cold)
River flows. At that time they were predominantly involved in livestock and
medicinal and aromatic herbs. Along the way, they discovered and felt in love at
the „land of wine", as these plains were called by the old Latins.
This vast, limestone-rich plain through which the Cijevna River flowed
their new home. In 1870, they bought a property on the river’s right
bank, in the small village House of Rakic, between Tuzi and Podgorica. The
proximity of the city enabled them to develop the trade and catering, in
addition to the agriculture and animal husbandry.
Our valuable ancestors, in the years that followed, planted grapevines
started producing wine and brandy, firstly for their own needs. Over the
generations enlarged vineyards rewarded their efforts with abundant harvest and
a modern winery, deeply rooted in traditional values. We have saved and
enriched the inherited vineyards planted more than 150 years ago and the recipes
and secrets of producing top quality wine and brandy.
We are proud of our heritage: faith, love and thanksgiving for the life,
earth and everything given.